BEAR CATHOLIC JOB OPENINGS
Director of Development
The Development Director reports directly to the Pastor and is responsible for advancing the mission of Bear Catholic Campus Ministry, which serves the University of Northern Colorado and Aims Community College, through fundraising the annual budget and marketing in the Greeley area and throughout the Archdiocese of Denver.
Application Deadline: Until Filled
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Health/Vision/Dental Insurance
- Short-term/Long-term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Generous PTO
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare annual plans for all fund development activities. Develop and maintain a three-year plan for the development program which is updated annually.
- Responsible for all matters related to the execution, management, and support of the fund development program.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and close gifts. Maintain an active pool of prospective benefactors who can support the ministry.
- Conduct a minimum of fifteen (15) visits monthly with current/potential benefactors in the form of Discovery, Cultivation, Solicitation or Stewardship meetings.
- Assist in scheduling, coordination, and follow-up of face-to-face visits for the Pastor or other staff and volunteers as appropriate.
- Prepare reports as appropriate and submit to the Pastor.
- Plan and supervise direct mail, phone-a-thon, special event, and other solicitation activities as needed.
- Building on the existing database, identify new constituents that are aligned with the mission of Bear Catholic.
- In collaboration with the Campus Minister, develop and update fundraising brochures and fliers, video testimonials, and other development-related materials.
- Create and implement donor stewardship recognition programs and initiatives designed to both thank and recognize donors for their gifts and enhance the donor experience, as well as to strategically encourage them to raise their level of giving.
- Create Partnerships with local Catholic and secular non-profits to build a Bear Catholic presence in the broader Greeley community.
- Work with the Catholic Foundation of Northern Colorado to promote and become proficient in planned giving for the benefit of Bear Catholic.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by the Pastor to include special projects to assist in the overall fund-raising efforts.
- A practicing and faithful Catholic in good standing, who loves the Church and sees development work at Catholic campus ministry centers as an essential ministry.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Marketing, Business, Communication, Non-Profit Management or another related field preferred.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency using Microsoft Office and other database programs. Aptitude for learning and using other systems including Blackbaud’s Etapestry. Familiarity with social media outlets.
- Thoroughness in planning and implementing work, including goals, timetables, and formulating action steps to achieve objectives.
- Ability to be flexible, work independently on a variety of projects, within stated deadlines, in a fast-paced office environment.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills to lead and motivate staff, students, board members, donors, volunteers, and vendors.
- Familiarity and skill with, or a willingness to learn, the tools of the trade in creating development print and electronic communication pieces, marketing, public relations, and promotions.
- Ability to manage an operational budget.
- A valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation.
- Must be able to understand and to comply with the Archdiocese of Denver Code of Conduct.
- Must be able to complete successfully the “Called to Protect” safe environment training.
- Background screening required.
- Normal work hours require week days, and on occasion, evenings and weekends
- Occasional day-trip and overnight travel and long-distance driving required
- Prayerful and Collaborative Staff